Mindtree Foundation Story Over the Years
- Led by the values of “CLASS” – meaning: Caring, Learning, Achieving, Sharing, and Social Responsibility
- This motivated each Mindtree Mind to actively participate in Social activities from the beginning
- Mindtree’s relationship with Somanahalli (120 kms from Bangalore) started with a postcard from a driver called “Murugan” from Somanahalli. He requested Mindtree to support the village Govt school. Then we built the school, toilets, and supported the village in many ways
- Mindtree went public and the Mindtree Foundation was incorporated with a framework of 3 charters and added the fourth charter in 2014:
- To promote education to underprivileged children with a special emphasis on people with disability
- To provide relief of poverty by way of assistance to food, shelter and clothing
- To provide relief of distress caused by calamities of nature
- To provide medical support to deserving people
- Started Dream to Reality (D2R) program to ensure the potential and highly capable children are not dropping out from their education due to poverty. We identified 8 highly potential children from Somanahalli to support under D2R. There are 21 children supported as on 18 May 2018.
- Year of discovery and appreciation of Assistive Technology (AT). We gained some visibility through our contributions to ADITI and KAVI.
- Started the AT program with two broad objectives to:
- Be an acknowledged leader in the field of Assistive Technologies
- Touch and improve a Million lives through our interventions
- A special lab for Assistive Technology was inaugurated by our S. Janakiraman, the then C.T.O. of Mindtree
- Received Manthan Award for the entire South East Asia for our contributions to Assistive Technologies
- Mindtree Foundation built a new home for the dying and destitute run by Missionaries of Charity (MOC) at Yelahanka, Bangalore. The new home was handed over to MOC on 1-Feb-2013.
- Govt. of India formally legislated CSR regulations under Company Act 2013.
- Received NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Award for our contributions to Assistive Technologies.
- Launched Samriddhi Abhiyan program for overall development of the rural schools
- Donated Dignify and Vikas technologies to Aravind Eye Hospitals, Madurai